Tuesday 6 November 2012

ITAP Week 7 Production and Outcomes (Influences and Reactions)




Here are two interpretations of Spiderman. The first one is the original cartoon drawing from 1967 and the second is the new redrawn version called ultimate Spiderman, which was released in 2000. These are both interpretations of what Stan Lee envisioned to be Spiderman when he came up with the idea. Both drawings fit in well with the period they were released and this is made obvious because the original drawing is simple and uses block colour with little detail and no shading or tone, which if you look at other cartoons that were been on at the same time you would see it fits in well. Compared to the Ultimate Spiderman drawing, which is more realistic in a sense that shadow and the feeling of movement have been included in the image making the drawing come to life more like you get with modern comics. However the main concept of what the costume looks like has stayed the same showing that they have stayed true to the original and main ideas of how Spiderman looks and this is the same for every reincarnation of Spiderman be it cartoon, comic, film, toy or console game.

My own working methodology design process is to first go and make mind maps about any initial ideas I have about the brief that I've been given, then research and collect relevant information about my ideas through books, photography and things I observe. I will then develop any good ideas further by experimenting with different media and materials, be it either digital, print making or hand drawn to see what effects and textures I can get to make an image more interesting and relevant to the brief that I have been given. Then by getting feed back on my work I continuously keep going back to it developing it further until I’m happy with it to put forward into production for the final piece, before sitting down to evaluate the work and what I’ve learnt from the process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment